How to set the clock on vcr/dvd.
We can't set the month or the time on the vcr/dvd. We do not have a manual to help us
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Product Troubleshooting for Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
Tips for a great answer:
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Make sure the antenna//cable TV connections are correct. Channels are set. If this unit is connected to a cable/satellite box, select the local PBS station on them to set the clock automatically.
There's an Auto Clock Setting. "This Unit can set the time and date automatically by reffering to a PBS station.". But I never had to do that, I just went to Setup and it already knew what the date and time was.
"Note: The clock may set itself automatically after you connect the antenna/cable signal and plug in the power cord. Only the analog PBS channel signal is effective for auto clock setting. The unit receives the clock data at 12:00 A.M./P.M. from the PBS channel when the power is off.
1 Press [SETUP] and use the up and down arrows to select "General Setting", then press OK.
"General Setting" menu will appear.
2. Use up and down arrows to select "Clock" then press OK.
"Clock" menu will appear.
3. Use up and down arrows to select "Auto Clock Setting", then press OK.
4. Use up and down arrows to select "Auto" then press OK.
5 Press SETUP to exit.
6. Press STANDBY-ON to turn off the unit.
This unit will search for the time only when the power is off. Leave it off for several minutes to give this unit time to set the clock.
If the unit chooses an incorrect PBS channel, set the PBS channel manually by following the steps below:
1. Select "Manual" at step 4, then press OK.
2. Use [the number buttons] or up and down arrows to enter your PBS channel number, then press OK.
3. Press SETUP and turn off the unit.
If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll type up the instructions for what to do if you need to actually set the clock manually.