Will not power up
Red light on but no green light
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Product Troubleshooting for Televison & Video
Tips for a great answer:
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
If your LCD TV or monitor has stopped working, or is displaying one of the following symptoms, then it's a candidate for some new capacitors
- Flickering screen
- Screen image disappears after several seconds
- Dim screen
- Slow start
- Power LED on, but no picture
- Unusual colors and/or lines
The primary cause of LCD TV and monitor failure is caused by faulty capacitors. You can examine the capacitors in your LCD TV or monitor and actually see if they are bad.
If they appear bulged on top, then they need to be replaced.
New capacitors will solve a host of problems in LCD monitors and TV's and will extend the life of your monitor or TV by several years.
Check the cables, connectors and connections.
Take it to a repair shop.